Nothing serious going on but I am waiting to go back to work without a deadline. Some days, it is hard.
These are things that help me deal with disappointment (no magic potion on my side, mostly common sense):
- Turn it around. Make it an opportunity.
- Go to bed early.
- Reduce alcohol.
- Stay away from social media.
- Read a good book.
- Call a friend.
Easier said than done.
- Make it an opportunity: Check: I am taking a 12 weeks course to learn JS for WP. I have been many times to the library. I have new podcasts I like (This American Life). I am also getting super organized with family activities, transportation, lunch boxes, grocery shopping, meal planning, doctors etc. I will be ready when time comes to go back to work.
- Exercise. Joker.
- Go to bed early. Total fail.
- Reduce alcohol. Check.
- Stay away from social media. Total fail.
- Read a good book. Fail due to 5.
- Call a friend. Check. Mum also counts, she knows how to cheer me up.
So from today, I am going to tackle 2, 3, 5 and 6.
- 2. Thursday I have an appointment at the gym.
- 3. I am going to bed before 23:30pm and I have an alarm on my phone for that.
- 5. I will only check Instagram, Twitter or Facebook at 12pm, I have removed all notifications and the apps from the front screen of my phone.
- 6. To buy on kindle (tomorrow because it is getting late now): Half of a Yellow Sun, The Hungry Tide and Exit West.
My night alarm is ringing, good night.